Grossberg Company LLP, a mid-sized Washington DC area CPA firm, is a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services. We are an industry leader operating in a largely paperless environment. We provide a solid, friendly work environment for our employees and we are seeking a skilled Audit Senior to join our team in Bethesda, Maryland.
As an Audit Senior you have responsibility over aspects of field work of financial statement audit and accounting engagements.
Our ideal candidate will have acute technical abilities, demonstrated ability to support client relationships, and the desire to be a part of business development and marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to further develop their career, particularly in pursuit of a partnership track. This full-time position includes competitive compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and/or prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, tax returns, management letters, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements
- Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a medium to high level of complexity in incorporating the tax and accounting effect of the transaction or situation
- Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting if necessary
Engagement / Client Management
- Serve on specific client accounts, participating in pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development, and billing and collections
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm; link this understanding to potential client needs
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs
Personal and Professional Development
- Develop industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team and develop an area of specialty to become a technical resource in that area
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff
- MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
- CPA is a plus
- At least two years of audit and accounting experience in a public accounting arena or real estate firm preferred
- Prior experience with Pro fx Engagement strongly desired
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and audit software
- Must be detail oriented
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
For nearly 100 years Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Grossberg Company LLP has a well-known reputation of unparalleled client satisfaction. At the heart of this success, are professional staff members who possess the skills and training required to survive in the ever-changing world of new tax laws and regulations, advanced technologies and strategic business planning. Built on decades of hard work and timely responsiveness to clients, Grossberg Company LLP devotes a substantial amount of firm resources to training its people, keeping them apprised of the latest developments that may affect their client's business operations, tax planning strategies and their long-term business objectives. As a result, the employees of Grossberg Company LLP are some of the best and brightest in their field and the casual, laid-back working atmosphere lends itself to producing successful, satisfied professionals.
Grossberg Company LLC offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.