Grossberg Company LLP
, a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services to the real estate industry has an exciting opportunity for a Tax Processor
to work closely with the accounting staff to assemble a variety of client tax returns.
- Return review for appropriate sign-offs, attachments and to ensure quality control of work.
- Assembling of forms and creation of instructions for different tax returns.
- Generate nightly list of returns assembled.
- Set up of new accounts, update and perform maintenance in firm database.
- Prepare certified mail, assist with miscellaneous mailings throughout the year.
- Prepare Powers of Attorney.
- Filing as necessary.
- Assist with back up receptionist desk duties for breaks, lunch and vacations on a regular basis.
- 1-2 years of related experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime on weekends and work days on a daily basis within close proximity to tax filing deadlines. Busy seasons include the months of January – April and August – October.
- Must be able to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a cohesive team environment but also work independently when necessary.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving.
- Prosystem fx Tax, Prosystem fx Practice Management and CCH Axcess Workflow experience is preferred.
- Be able to work in a sitting position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.