A Grossberg Company LLP client based in the Washington, DC area is seeking to hire a VP Asset Management to oversee operational aspects of a family-owned real estate investment and commercial development company. This family-owned business manages holdings that include over 2 million square feet of office, retail and multi-family real estate and numerous acres of developable ground in the Mid-Atlantic region and Southern Florida. The company enjoys the benefit of a large portfolio of investment grade holdings and the extensive experience of its executives and affiliates.
Our client’s experience, knowledge of and involvement within the real estate community has allowed them to cultivate and maintain outstanding relationships within the industry. These long term relationships and the multi-faceted experience enables them to create select opportunities, maximize their assets productivity and positively impact the communities in which they live and invest. Our client is poised for growth and is seeking an experienced real estate professional to assist in achieving developmental goals and milestones.
Essential Job Duties
• Lead leasing efforts from an asset management perspective. Manage leasing efforts between the brokers, ownership and counsel, reviewing Letters of Intents and leases as an owners’ representative.
• Collaborate with owners to develop business strategies for assets within the portfolio and implement investment strategies to achieve profitability objectives.
• Assemble portfolio data including cost basis details, debt, and equity structures for financial analysis.
• Act as an intermediary between the owners and/or third party property management team.
• Develop and implement leasing strategies with third party property management team and brokers
• Assist in the evaluation, tracking and reporting of value creation opportunities.
• Lead and manage the budget and forecasting process from start to finish, including the establishment of budgeting procedures to ensure prompt, complete, and accurate projections to be used by the owners.
• Responsible for managing and production of financial reporting for both internal and external use.
• Maintain and update ARGUS for the existing portfolio and create new models to analyze investment opportunities.
Qualified applicants must possess the following skills and experience:
• 10-15 years asset manager experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently
• Experience reviewing contracts and managing key stakeholders
• Demonstrated expertise with Argus software and Microsoft Office products, including Excel
• Proven track record managing multiple assets
• Adaptability in a fluid environment with competing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• MBA or CPA desired
The company offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, paid holidays and vacation.