For nearly 100 years Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Because of our reputation for unparalleled client service, our clients often call upon us to perform special projects for them. These consulting engagements include accounting system design and implementation, budgeting, business and strategic planning, litigation support and forensic accounting, profitability studies and revenue enhancements, training, and recruitment.
A Grossberg Company LLP client based in Washington, D.C. is seeking a Staff Accountant. A highly regarded real estate development company and one of the Washington area's premier builders, the client specializes in the renovation, management, and development of multi-family and commercial properties. The Staff Accountant reports to the President and is responsible for handling the accounting and financial matters for the company and its owners.
- Ensure that departmental objectives are achieved and efficient service is provided to internal and external customers.
- Maintain proper financial reporting and general ledger administration.
- Review all monthly closing transactions, functions and reconciliations.
- Handle the preparation and review of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential accounting matters for owners.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience; preferably in the real estate industry.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
The company offers a competitive compensation package including bonus potential, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, holidays and paid time off.