For over 95 years, Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Because of our reputation for unparalleled client service, our clients often call upon us to perform special projects for them. These consulting engagements include accounting system design and implementation, budgeting, business and strategic planning, litigation support and forensic accounting, profitability studies and revenue enhancements, training, and recruitment.
A Grossberg Company LLP client based in North Bethesda, Maryland
is seeking a Staff Accountant.
The client, a highly regarded commercial real estate investment firm that has a great opportunity for a hands-on individual with strategic and tactical accounting experience. This position reports to the Controller and will have no direct reports.
- Assist in maintaining proper financial reporting and general ledger administration.
- Verify and check completeness and accuracy of information and locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in annual closing transactions, functions and reconciliations.
- Compile information for outside accountants.
- Prepare monthly closing transactions, functions and reconciliations.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Five or more years of accounting experience
- Experience in the Real Estate industry is a plus
- Proficient MS Office Suite
- Experience with Sage 50 is highly desireable
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple and competing tasks in a busy office
The company offers a competitive compensation package including: salary, profit sharing, medical, dental, paid holidays and vacation.