For almost a 100 years, Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Because of our reputation for unparalleled client service, our clients often call upon us to perform special projects for them. These consulting engagements include accounting system design and implementation, budgeting, business and strategic planning, litigation support and forensic accounting, profitability studies and revenue enhancements, training, and recruitment.
A Grossberg Company LLP client based in Bethesda, Maryland is seeking an Accounting Manager. The client, a highly regarded real estate company in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area has a great opportunity for a hands-on individual with real estate accounting experience. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Assist with oversight and management of general accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, general ledger, and taxes.
• Assist with payroll and benefits administration.
• Perform bank and investment account reconciliations.
• Maintain fixed assets using Sage FAS (experience with this software is helpful, but not required).
• Prepare year-end tax files for external accountants.
• Assist with lease administration for commercial real estate portfolio.
• Perform certain audit functions with respect to assets held in trust or managed by external parties
• Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
Minimum of four years of progressive accounting experience.
Experience in the real estate industry is preferable.
Bachelor’s degree required in accounting.
CPA is a plus.
Must be proficient in MS Office
Experience with Jenark Property Management is a plus
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent organizational and communications skills.
Ability to handle multiple and competing tasks in a busy office.
The company offers a competitive compensation package including: salary, bonus potential, medical, dental, paid holidays and vacation.
Qualified candidates should apply at: https://grossberg.catsone.com/careers