For nearly 100 years, Grossberg Company LLP
, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Grossberg Company LLP has a well-known reputation of unparalleled client satisfaction. At the heart of this success, are professional staff members who possess the skills and training required to survive in the ever-changing world of new tax laws and regulations, advanced technologies and strategic business planning. Built on decades of hard work and timely responsiveness to clients, Grossberg Company LLP devotes a substantial amount of firm resources to training its people, keeping them apprised of the latest developments that may affect their client's business operations, tax planning strategies and their long-term business objectives. As a result, the employees of Grossberg Company LLP are some of the best and brightest in their field and the casual, laid-back working atmosphere lends itself to producing successful, satisfied professionals.
Grossberg Company LLP, a leader in their industry at utilizing various software applications and operates in a largely paperless environment, is seeking a skilled Audit Assurance Manager
to join its team in North Bethesda, Maryland.
Please note: flexible work from home options are available temporarily due to the ongoing pandemic.
As an Audit Assurance Manager you have responsibility over all aspects of field work of financial statement audit and accounting engagements. The primary responsibilities may include:
• Review and/or prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, tax returns, management letters, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements
• Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a medium to high level of complexity in incorporating the tax and accounting effect of the transaction or situation
• Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting if necessary
Engagement / Client Management
• Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development, and billing and collections
• Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm; link this understanding to potential client needs
• Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs
Personal and Professional Development
• Develop industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team and develop an area of specialty to become a technical resource in that area
• Demonstrate sound business judgment § Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff
• MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
• CPA required
• 8+ years audit and accounting experience in a public accounting arena or real estate firm preferred
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong research skills
• Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and audit software
• Must be detail oriented Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Possess positive and professional attitude
• Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.