For nearly 100 years, Grossberg Company LLP
, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Grossberg Company LLP has a well-known reputation of unparalleled client satisfaction. At the heart of this success, are professional staff members who possess the skills and training required to survive in the ever-changing world of new tax laws and regulations, advanced technologies and strategic business planning. Built on decades of hard work and timely responsiveness to clients, Grossberg Company LLP devotes a substantial amount of firm resources to training its people, keeping them apprised of the latest developments that may affect their client's business operations, tax planning strategies and their long-term business objectives. As a result, the employees of Grossberg Company LLP are some of the best and brightest in their field and the casual, laid-back working atmosphere lends itself to producing successful, satisfied professionals.
Grossberg Company LLP, a leader in their industry at utilizing various software applications and operates in a largely paperless environment, is seeking a skilled Audit Assurance Manager
to join its team in North Bethesda, Maryland.
This position offers a 100% FULLY REMOTE or hybrid work environment with opportunities to work remotely or in the office; your choice.
As an Audit Assurance Manager you have responsibility over all aspects of field work of financial statement audit and accounting engagements. The primary responsibilities may include:
• Review and/or prepare financial statements, footnotes, work papers, tax returns, management letters, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements
• Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a medium to high level of complexity in incorporating the tax and accounting effect of the transaction or situation
• Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting if necessary
Engagement / Client Management
• Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development, and billing and collections
• Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm; link this understanding to potential client needs
• Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs
Personal and Professional Development
• Develop industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team and develop an area of specialty to become a technical resource in that area
• Demonstrate sound business judgment § Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff
• MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
• CPA required
• 8+ years audit and accounting experience in a public accounting arena or real estate firm preferred
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong research skills
• Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and audit software
• Must be detail oriented Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Possess positive and professional attitude
• Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.