For 95 years Grossberg Company LLP, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Because of our reputation for unparalleled client service, our clients often call upon us to perform special projects for them. These consulting engagements include accounting system design and implementation, budgeting, business and strategic planning, litigation support and forensic accounting, profitability studies and revenue enhancements, training, and recruitment.
A Grossberg Company LLP client based in Germantown, Maryland is seeking a Staff Accountant
. This client is a well-known full service community management operation. Known for their integrity and professionalism, they dedicate themselves to consistently serving their customers with the highest levels of experience, knowledge, and ethics. They deliver service to their clients through their team of experienced, trained and capable managers, and their knowledgeable, capable and dedicated support staff. This client office has casual, friendly, team atmosphere. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon on Friday.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
This position involves supporting accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general administration.
The work of staff accountants is guided by the senior accountant or Controller who provides an overview of the assignment, answers questions, decides on remedies when difficulties are encountered, and periodically reviews the staff accountant’s progress.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or other business related discipline
- Prior bookkeeping experience via an internship or previous work experience
- Prior experience posting journals to ledgers and balancing ledgers
- Experience posting journal entries
- A solid understanding of debits and credits
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Excel and Word
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
- Detail orientation and strong organizational skills
- Possess positive and professional attitude
This client offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, and flex-time policy