For nearly 100 years, Grossberg Company LLP
, a Washington DC mid-size CPA firm, has been a premier provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services, specializing in services to the real estate industry. Grossberg Company LLP has a well-known reputation of unparalleled client satisfaction. At the heart of this success, are professional staff members who possess the skills and training required to survive in the ever-changing world of new tax laws and regulations, advanced technologies and strategic business.
Built on decades of hard work and timely responsiveness to clients, Grossberg Company LLP devotes a substantial amount of firm resources to training its people, keeping them apprised of the latest developments that may affect their client's business operations, tax planning strategies and their long-term business objectives. As a result, the employees of Grossberg Company LLP are some of the best and brightest in their field and the casual, laid-back working atmosphere lends itself to producing successful, satisfied professionals.
Grossberg Company LLP, a leader in their industry at utilizing various software applications and operates in a largely paperless environment, is seeking skilled Tax Supervisor
to join its team in North Bethesda, Maryland.
This position offers a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work remotely or in the office; your choice.
The tax professionals are integral members of our professional team, and the work performed is at the core of what we do for our clients. As a tax professional you have responsibility over providing tax planning and compliance services to high-net-worth individuals and closely held businesses. Tax professionals are exposed to auditing, accounting and tax work providing support to a variety of client engagements. Typical assignments will include
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance
- Review tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness
Engagement / Client Management
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance
- Draft tax technical memorandums
- Perform tax structuring and modeling
- Serve as the engagement manager over time on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development, and billing and collections
Personal and Professional Development
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of client needs
- Develop industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team
- Develop an area of specialty and become a technical resource in that area.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA is preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a public accounting arena or real estate firm required; 5+ years’ experience in preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and audit software
- Must be detail oriented Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a busy and demanding environment
Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.
Qualified candidates should visit our website to apply on-line at: